The high intensity workout called CrossFit has definitely made a big splash in the world of fitness and it appears its popularity won’t be fading any time soon. This type of exercise makes use of wide range of movements that will put your body to the limit. Although high intensity may sound scary for someone who hasn’t even tried to workout at home, this exercise can be tailored to suit even a beginner. If you are looking for a more challenging way to tone your body, here are 5 basic CrossFit workouts to try out.
- The Half Cindy – This CrossFit workout requires you to do 2 push-ups, 10 pull-ups, and 15 air squats as many repetitions as you can. Normally, a full Cindy runs for 20 minutes so try reaching 10 minutes first to test your endurance.
- Helen – Yes, it’s the name of this CrossFit exercise where you need to do a 400 meter run, 21 kettlebell swings, and 12 pull-ups as many reps or rounds as possible. Of course, since this is your first time to do a CrossFit training, you should take it easy on your first run so as not to exhaust yourself to the point that you can’t do the rest of the workout. You can use a resistance band in your pull-ups until the time you’ve built up your strength to complete this workout.
- Lunges and Sit-ups – As the name suggests, you need to 15 sit ups as well as 15 lunges one after the other. This means that you should do 3 rounds within 3 minutes before taking a break then going back to do this work out. You should repeat as many times as you can. Don’t expect that you’ll be doing the same numbers every time you repeat this workout. What’s important is that the numbers are close enough to one another.
- Wall Ball Burpees – For this basic CrossFit workout you need to do 1 wall ball and 2 burpees. You should start with 21 reps, then 15, and finally 9. Although there is no exact reason why the number of repetitions is like this, the good news is that you can break them down further by doing them in 3 rounds each. For example 21 reps can be broken down into 3 rounds of 7 reps and 15 can be broken into 3 rounds of 5 reps, and 9 will be 3 rounds with 3 reps. This is handy especially if you want to take a breather in between until you are accustomed to the exercise. This workout targets your arms, legs, and shoulder muscles too.
- CrossFit Total – This CrossFit workout aims to prepare you for lifting. You will need to do 5 back squats, 3 overhead presses, and 3 deadlifts. Although handling weights at the start can be daunting, they’re bound to make you stronger afterwards. What’s more, there is no restriction here when it comes to time. The purpose of this workout is to accustom your body on the effects of lifting weights.
CrossFit training can be challenging but once you get the hang of these basic workouts, you can push yourself even further by doing the more challenging workouts for a better and healthier you.