Summer is just around the corner and if you want to flaunt that beautiful beach bod, now is the time to get your blood pumping and work out those sleeping muscles to strengthen and revitalize them.
Working out during the summer is tough since you will be dealing with high temperatures so if you’re not keen on the idea of sweating all the water inside your body as you lift weights in the gym in the sweltering heat, you might want to try these easy summer workouts.
- Lower Body Blast. This exercise focuses on the muscles in your butt, arms, and legs. Start by standing with your feet hip-width apart from one another. Place your arms at your sides. Using your right leg, lunge backward so that both knees are at 90 degrees. Skip in the same place while lifting your right knee at the level of your hip so that you’ll come up on the ball of your left foot. Swing your left arm over your head at the same time. Go back to your initial lunge position. Repeat this 12 times before switching to the other leg.
- Bicep Curls. This is good when working out the arms. It is a tried and tested exercise that you can do even outside your home. Make sure that you maintain the position of your lower back as well as hip and that you don’t rely on the momentum of the swing of your arms to raise the dumbbells.
- Dip and Crunch. This workouts your triceps, shoulders, obliques, and abs. First, sit on the ground and have your knees somewhat bent. Your heels should be firmly planted on the floor and your hands by your hips with the fingers pointing forward. To add intensity, sit on the edge of the chair with your hands placed on the edge of the seat. Second, bend your elbows to 90 degrees or as far as you can do without you hitting the floor. Third, straighten your arms and at the same time, lift your right knee towards your chest. Go back to your initial position then repeat the dip and crunch 12 times before switching to the left leg.
- Shoulder Press Using Dumbbells. Another traditional workout that you can do outside your home during summer. Apply the same principle as that of bicep curls where you need to make sure that your lower back doesn’t sway when you lift the dumbbells. If your lower back sways, you’ll be putting stress on the muscles in this area.
- Booty and Belly Firmer. No summer workout will be complete without firming up your belly and butt. This exercise is perfect since it targets the abs, butt, hamstrings, and obliques. Start by lying on the floor face up with your heels firmly planted on the floor and your knees bent. Place your arms at your sides. Extend your left leg straight towards the ceiling with the foot flexed. Your hips must be lifted while your gluites are squeezed. Hold this position for 1 count before going back down. While you’re still lifting your left leg, crunch towards your left foot with your hands reaching upwards. Return to your original position. Do this exercise 12 times before switching to the other leg.
Try these easy summer workouts to get that body fit for your summer adventures.